7.04.2015

Summer So Far

So far this summer has been really, really wet.  Seriously, we've had rain almost every single day since the beginning of June, and a lot of it's been some pretty awesome thunderstorms.  I love it, because the weather has been just amazing and not blisteringly hot, plus we haven't had any wildfires, which is always a plus!  (I'll never forget the summer of 2010, when Flagstaff was literally surrounded by fires, I'm in no hurry to repeat that experience).  I'm looking forward to the full on monsoon season this month.

Aside from that, it's been pretty uneventful.  I'm doing well health/fitness wise, work is good, Jerbs and the dogs are good . . . we have pretty boring lives, I think.

I am happy that I've been getting outside more and accomplishing some of the goals I set for the summer.

I'm also happy that the fireworks didn't get rained out tonight, because it did rain earlier in the day and was overcast all day long.  We watched them from our porch (not a super great show this year TBH), then spent a good chunk of time trying to convince Hollie and Max the world hadn't ended.  It took a lot of treats but they're fine now haha.

Next week Jerbs and I are both going on separate vacations (to CA and CO, respectively).  She's off to Comic Con and I'm going to a wedding, so that should be fun.  I legitimately don't remember the last time we were both out of town but not going to the same place.

And that's about it.  I'm hoping the rest of the summer will continue to be nice and rainy, and that I can get in a lot more outdoor activity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment