7.14.2014

Diet Betting

I'm doing a diet bet!

It's a thing that seems to be getting pretty popular lately; I know of a couple bloggers I follow who have either competed in one or run one.  Basically a diet bet is where a group of people pay x amount of money to participate in some kind of fitness challenge; at the end of the challenge whoever's met the goal splits the pot or whoever's lost the most wins.  I've been thinking of doing one, because money is always a good motivational tool, but I didn't really know where to begin.  Then my friend Theresa told me that her and her girlfriend were going to do one, and she invited me to join.  So I did!

It's a 4 week challenge, that started today, to lose 4% of your body weight.  Which for me is just under 8 pounds.  I paid $25 to join the bet/game/whatever.  I'm honestly not totally sure I can do it (2 pounds a week is hard) but I figure it's worth a shot.  And hey, who knows, maybe I'll at least get my $25 back, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment