1.19.2015

Vacation!

I'm actually less excited about writing this post than the exclamation point in the title makes it sound, because today is actually the last day of my vacation.  I haven't set foot in MHC since the 9th, and it has been fantastic.  I've never taken this much time off, and I really thought I'd be going crazy before my vacation was half over, but . . . no.  That wasn't the case.  I actually wish I had another 10 days off.

I haven't really done anything special with my time off.  I got some stuff done around the house (cleaning, catching up laundry, organizing things, etc.).  Not as much as I'd hoped to get done, but better than nothing.

Jerbs and I went to Phoenix to visit B and her husband on Wednesday, and that was fun.  We went to a fabric store where I spent more than I should have (almost entirely on Christmas fabric!), and to this nail supply store where the salon brand nail polishes are like half off.  We ended the day eating awesome Mexican food, which was my request, because my favorite Mexican place in Flagstaff closed last August.

On Saturday, my mom and sister came up and spent the day, which was fun.  I took them to Oregano's for lunch, since Kingman is seriously lacking in Italian food, and then we wandered around downtown for awhile.  I also took them to the lookout at Mars Hill for a little while.  Then we took the dogs up to the pond for a walk, where my mom was very entertained by Hollie and her determination to get a duck.  It was a good visit, and long overdue, because my mom hasn't come to visit since I graduated from NAU more than 7 years ago.

Mostly, I just relaxed.  I had all these plans for around the house projects and stuff I was going to get done, but then once I was actually on vacation, I just wanted to rest.  And I think it was needed and well deserved, because I do work a lot.  (And I worked at SHF a few days during my vacation, because . . . well, there's no one else to do my job there).  It was nice.

I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow, because I do like my job, but I'm also dreading it.  Mostly I'm dreading what my inbox probably looks like.  I'm sure it's not going to be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment