9.26.2015

CPC Exam

So I took my CPC certification test today.

I honestly have no idea how I did.  Like . . . I really just don't have a strong feeling either way.  I don't feel like I did super awesome, but I don't feel like I bombed either.  If pressed I would say that I probably didn't pass and am going to have to take it again.

Let's see.  It sucked to get up that early on a Saturday.  The test environment was a little bit cramped, so I couldn't spread out as much as I'd hoped I'd be able to, but whatever.  The AAPC is apparently very serious about preventing cheating and stuff, so it was a very interesting experience.  The test was split up by CPT section, so that was nice, since all the practice tests weren't and I wasn't expecting it.  There was also a whole section on anatomy, which I definitely had not studied in preparing for the test, so . . . yeah.  I'm sure that section of my test is a complete disaster haha.

I finished in 3.5 hours, which is pretty fast, so I don't know if that's good or bad.  I definitely think I was rushing because I was so paranoid about not finishing in the time allowed, and I overdid it a little.  But by the time I was finished, I really didn't see the point in going back because I'm just not someone who really changes their mind on tests like that, so I just handed in my test and left.  The lady next to me wasn't even half finished and seemed to be really struggling, and I felt bad for her.  It kind of made me realize how lucky I am to be getting hands on experience in this field, and how lucky I've been to have my boss there to guide me, since she just passed her exam 6 months ago.  (Almost exactly).

Now I just have to wait.  Test results show up on your account on the AAPC website before they're officially mailed to you, so I'll be logging on regularly the next few days to see how I did.  I hope I find out before I leave for SLC on the first so that I'm not thinking about it during the wedding weekend, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

I'm crossing my fingers but not getting my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment