11.28.2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Just like that Thanksgiving has come and gone.  Crazy to think it's almost December already and that Christmas is less than a month away.

This Thanksgiving Jerbs and I did our now traditional Sprouts dinner and watched Thanksgiving episodes of our favorite shows on Netflix.  Dinner was actually a little bit of a disappointment this year, it just didn't taste like it did last year or the year before and I'm not really sure why.  I was sick the whole week of Thanksgiving and had only started feeling better that day, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.  It doesn't really matter, I'm thankful that I had a Thanksgiving dinner and a place to eat it in and someone to eat it with at all.  I spent a lot of Thanksgiving thinking about how I should be a lot more thankful for how good I have it, so I'm going to work on that.  All in all it was just a nice, quiet holiday.

Jerbs had to work yesterday, which sucked, but at the same time it wasn't retail Black Friday so she was glad about that.  After she got off we put up a Christmas tree!  It's just a little 3 foot one and it's on our dining table and I'm 99% sure the cats will have it knocked over soon, but still!  It's very pretty and festive and it makes me happy.  This is the first year I've put up a tree since the Christmas I was living with my ex, which also makes me happy, because I've missed my Christmas spirit and it coming back is a good thing.  Definitely a good thing.

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year and it feels good.


Our cute little tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment