5.01.2016

122 Days (2016)

It's the first of May!  The official start of summer!

Not that you would think it was even remotely summer time based on the weather . . . it's cold and rainy and it actually snowed pretty hard last night and we've had the big heater on a lot the past few days.  I really don't mind it, I like having extra blankets on my bed still and getting to snuggle under them, and I like being able to wear sweaters and boots to work.

But either way, it is May 1st, which means that the 122 days of summer time is here.

This year, those 122 days will be devoted to completing the AZ Bucket List we've made--all the things we want to do before we leave AZ in the fall.  I'm actually really glad we decided to wait until September to move, because as nice as leaving earlier would be, getting to spend the whole summer here and move as it ends feels somehow fitting.  I like it when things tie up nicely like that.

So this summer we'll be doing as many FUTS trails as we can, hopefully taking a trip to the Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, and Havasupai (just to name a few).  I'm planning to do the Climb to Conquer Cancer in August with my sister.  And of course, we'll be packing and cleaning and getting ready for the big move!  I'm looking forward to summer and doing a lot of fun Flagstaff/AZ stuff before we leave.

In a couple weeks we're actually going to Prescott to see Alton Brown live, so I'm looking forward to that.  Jerbs is really, REALLY looking forward to it, so it should be fun!

Here's to my last summer in Flagstaff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment