5.19.2016

Health and Fitness Update

I haven't really done a lot of posting about health and fitness and weight loss and all that stuff so far this year.  And the reason for that is that I'm basically stalled in those particular areas at the moment.

I started off doing really well in January.  I weighed in at 190 pounds on the first of the year and kicked ass in January, I was really consistent and just did well.  And I thought I could carry that momentum into the rest of the year and I was wrong.

In February I started doing yoga once a week and really enjoyed it.  But February ended up being a tough month mental health wise: turning 31, my youngest sister turning 23, the anniversary of my and my ex's engagement, it really hitting me that I'm going to move out of AZ this year, etc.  And I reverted back to old stress eating habits and undid all my January progress.

March and April were only a little bit better.  I quite going to yoga at the end of March.  And basically I didn't try at all for those months.

And now it's May and I'm still in that not caring not trying mode.  I don't know why but I just can't seem to shake it, and it's extremely frustrating.  I know my health is suffering.  I want to lose weight so badly, and I know EXACTLY what I need to do to make that happen, I just can't seem to bring myself to do it.

With my vacation coming up soon, I'm letting myself not worry about it for now.  I'm going to go on my trip, have a good time, and then when I get back I'll try and re-focus on the weight loss thing.  I'm not feeling super confident about it, but I at least have to tell myself I'm going to try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment