9.24.2013

Sick x 2

1.  I am physically sick.

I have a sinus infection and it sucks.  My head has felt like it might explode from all the pressure for pretty much the last 3 days straight.  Work has been hell, because I feel like I totally can't focus and every little noise makes my head hurt more.  My head pounds whenever I bend over, my ears keep popping and draining, and I get dizzy when I lie down.  Plus I have a cough and a sore throat.  Oh, and my lymph nodes are so swollen I look like I've gained at least 10 pounds.  And I haven't been to the gym since last Thursday because I don't want to pass out on the elliptical.  Very frustrating.  And naturally this happens when I absolutely cannot miss a day of work because the shit is hitting the fan there at the moment . . . sigh.

2.  I am unmedicated.

Through no fault of my own.

Let me start by saying that when I went to my dr's appt. last week, I had a couple days of medication left.  Enough to get me through the weekend.  And since that POS Dr. DBag assured me that he would call in a prescription for me, when I got to Monday morning and was out of Lithium, I assumed that my pharmacy would have a prescription ready and waiting for me.  Because that's what normally happens when a doctor says he'll call in a script for you.  So I check on my pharmacy website, and there's no record of any script for anything from that doctor.  Meaning . . . it was never called in.  Meaning . . . I paid $200 and all I got for my money was the chance to rehash all the unpleasant details of my history and listen to some incredibly misogynistic theories about men and women.  Granted, they didn't take the payment until Friday (payday) and it could very well be that they were holding the prescription until I paid . . . but Friday was 3 days ago now, and I can tell you from personal experience, because I run patient credit cards every single day, that it takes about 2, maybe 3 minutes to run it and post the payment.  So assuming they did it Friday morning, there is absolutely zero reason for that prescription to not have been called in.  I was freaking livid.  And if for some reason my card didn't go through . . . why haven't I been called?  I also haven't been called to schedule an appt. with the other new doctor I'm supposed to see.  So needless to say, I'm not too thrilled with this office right now.

Anyway, fortunately, I had one more refill of Li from my old doctor still on file that doesn't expire til 2014, so I went ahead and requested that refill.  It was supposed to be ready this afternoon but wouldn't you know it, for some reason, it isn't.  In fact, according to the pharmacy website, the initial request was canceled and then another one for a slightly lower quantity is processing . . . so I don't know WTF is going on.  That's going to be a fun phone call tomorrow morning.

I'm definitely starting to feel the absence of the Li.  Nothing major, I can just feel my anxiety/stress level creeping up a bit.  It probably wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't sick already, or if things at work weren't so insane right now.  I'm hoping that my refill will be ready tomorrow.  If I can get the mental aspect of health back under control I think the physical aspect will be a lot more manageable.

Sigh.  I'm just so irritated by this whole freaking process.  I've been cruising along just fine all this year and I don't like having a wrench thrown in it by, of all people, my doctor's office.

EDIT: My pharmacy got their shit together and I have my Lithium prescription.  Thank.goodness.  I'm still very unimpressed with my doctor's office, though.  (9.25.13)

No comments:

Post a Comment