9.07.2013

Today Sucked

Today was just one of *those* days.  In the bad way.  It just flat out sucked.  No other way to say it.

(This is your official TMI warning.  I'm going to talk about my lady part issues in a second).

First, I'm on my period.  Which basically means this whole past week was bad what with PMSing.  This particular cycle's symptoms have been some weepiness and exhaustion.  Seriously, this whole past week, no matter how much sleep I got/how well I slept, I was just too tired to get much done.  Work was miserable and I hardly got to work out (and I did OK diet wise and I really wanted to exercise).  So just . . . yeah.  I was most definitely looking forward to the weekend.

Which brings us to today.

I woke up earlier than intended thanks to vicious cramps, and by the time they faded (after I took an obscene amount of ibuprofen), it was too late to go back to sleep.  So I thought whatever, and got dressed, because I needed to go to the bank.

In the process of leaving the house I grabbed my purse and discovered that one of the cats had pooped in it during the night.  IN my purse.  IN it.  And it was runny.  And it was all over basically everything in my purse.  I had to throw out the purse, my wallet, my daily pill thingy, two tubes of chapstick, a couple of hair clips, and a whole bunch of receipts.  Needless to say I was not thrilled.  At all.  I fought the urge to throw said cat off of our balcony.  (Note: I dug out one of my old purses and am using it for now, and Jenny bought me new chapstick and a new wallet).

I got home from the bank and change into a pair of sweats that were lying on the floor of my closet, and they were covered in cat pee.  (Seriously, the cats here hate me).

Picked Jerbs up from work and went to PetSmart to buy spray refill for Max's no bark collar.  For whatever reason the spray refills are locked up with the bark collars so you have to have a manager get it out for you.  Well, I had a cashier page someone over once, we waited about ten minutes, then Jerbs asked her to call again, and we waiting about 15 more minutes.  By that point I'd absolutely had it (customer service is NOT THAT DIFFICULT), so I told the cashier we were still waiting, to just forget about sending someone over, and that we'd be going to PetCo.  She apologized and I flat out told her it was their loss.  Which makes me sound bitchy, I know, but I don't screw around with bad customer service BS anymore.  (And we did go to PetCo, where we got the spray in like 5 minutes, and found a killer deal on cat litter.  Plus Max was ecstatic that he got to go to TWO stores in one day, so that was good).

While I was out and about with my emergency replacement purse, my water bottle leaked in it, soaking my phone and keys and debit card . . . so freaking annoying.

We got home and I was showing Jerbs how wedge make up sponges work and I inadvertently rubbed my eye with one she'd had in her mouth.  So I got Jerbs spit on my face.  Lovely.  Why she was chewing on it I have no idea.

And finally, a little while ago, I went to the bathroom and was going to remove my nail polish while I peed (I don't care if anyone thinks that's gross or judges me, peeing is boring and I like multi-tasking, K?)  So I had the nail polish remover, open, on the edge of the tub, and I flushed the toilet because there was tissue with make up on it in there.  And the toilet overflowed, and by the time I was able to grab the plunger the bathroom had mostly flooded.  AND in trying to get to said plunger I knocked over the nail polish remover which spilled on one of the rugs.  Now tomorrow I get to wash a big load of towels and rugs along with my normal laundry.  Fabulous.

So yeah.  I'm about done.

And with that in mind, I am going to go to bed, and get a good night's sleep, and tomorrow will be a better, more productive day.

Seriously, though, Saturdays aren't supposed to suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment