4.22.2014

So

It's been 3 weeks since I wrote anything here.  I think that's the longest I've gone without blogging since I started back in 2012.

Honestly, the past few weeks have just been kind of a struggle.  Not consistently, it's been up and down.  Not to bipolar extremes but I've had some really good days and some not so great days.  In general, things just feel kind of off, and I'm not exactly sure why.  I think an internal struggle is finally resolving itself and while that's probably a good thing, it's kind of . . . off putting?  I'll write more about that part of it later.  For now, a general catch up.

It's getting warm out, and for the first time in a long time, I'm not dreading summer like I usually do.  (We'll see how I feel about it 2 months from now, though).  It's actually kind of nice to be able to go outside and take the dogs on long walks and stuff.  Jerbs and I have been taking the dogs to the duck pond near our house; we let them run around without their leashes for a little while every time and it's hilarious.  Hollie loves to run and she's fast!  Max--who absolutely adores Hollie--actually gets scared of her sometimes when she's zooming around and trying to get him to join her.

But it's great having Hollie here.  Adopting her was definitely a great decision.  She's very well behaved and happy, and aside from some stomach issues (her stomach basically shrank from all the time she wasn't fed regularly, and now we have her on a feeding schedule to slowly expand it so she doesn't throw up), we've had a great time with her.  She's had a few accidents in the house but was mostly house broken when we got her, so that's awesome.  She knows how to sit now and she jumps in the car on her own when we go out.
 And most importantly, she's had an amazing effect on Max.  Seriously, he is like a whole new dog since we got her.  He's more confident (he even let a stranger pet him at Staples the other day!), he's happier, he's more playful, and he's better behaved.  In fact, we've been able to stop crating him when we're not home--we even disassembled his crate on Sunday.  It made me so happy.  We're also starting to leave off his bark collar when we're not home and it's going well.  I think with Hollie around he's too distracted to be anxious or destructive.  I love it.  The two of them play together all the time and it's hilarious.  Like I said, definitely a great decision.

My little April fitness challenge is going so so.  I'm not doing great but I'm doing OK.  Which is pretty typical for me when it comes to this stuff.  Last time I weighed myself (about a week ago) I had gained a pound and a half, but all my measurements (except arms) had gone down by at least a quarter inch, so that's good.  My work pants are fitting looser in the hips too, so that's nice.  Slow but steady.  I'm making small improvements as I feel able to.  I've definitely been drinking less soda and more water this month, and I've been trying new workout videos too.  And even on days when I've eaten fast food I've stayed under my MFP calorie limit, for the most part.  Weekends are still tricky but no big deal.  One thing I've really been working on lately is getting enough sleep, and that's been incredibly helpful.  Who knew that that 8 hours a night thing actually worked, right?  I never slept more than 6 hours a night in college and then after I graduated and got sick my sleep schedule was a complete and utter cluster fuck, so I honestly think I'm just now starting to figure out what works for me where that's concerned.

Work is good right now.  Busy and at times frustrating but good.  I feel like busy and sometimes frustrating is fairly normal for any job, so I think I'm doing well.  And really, the frustration is really passing.  When I find myself annoyed with a co-worker I'm usually over it like 10 minutes later.  So whatever.  I'm looking forward to May, because I get three paychecks (woohoo!!) and they'll be bigger because my gym membership is finally falling off in May.

I think that's about it.  For the moment, anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment