8.30.2015

And So It Goes

I feel like my life goes like this: nothing going on nothing going on nothing going on FIFTY THINGS GOING ON AT ONCE.

Right now I just feel a little overwhelmed.

MHC--Is busier than ever.  I have more job duties than ever, which is fine, but I'm honestly feeling a little . . . burnt out, I guess.  It's just getting a little monotonous, same thing day after day after day, to the point that some days I just genuinely don't want to be there.  A couple of co-workers are just on my last nerve too and that's frustrating.  Not for any new reasons either, just the same issues over and over and over again that no one seems to want to address and fix.  I mean, overall I'm still really happy at my job, I think it's just some burn out.

SHAF--Is still behind, and I have zero desire to get it caught up.  I'm going to, but it takes a lot of effort on my part.  We just get busier and busier there, and between my full time job and the non-work stuff I have going on, I just don't have the time I should to do my second job.  I like working there and the money helps so much, but I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to do it.  And Theresa's wedding is at the beginning of October, and I'm pretty much going to be in SLC the whole first week of the month, which is during SHAF's billing cycle, and I don't even know how to tell my boss that.  She's not going to be happy.  Honestly, if it came down to it, I'd just quit.  I mean, I'm already thinking about it anyway, and if it came down to choosing between that job and the wedding, believe me, there is no contest.  But we'll see.

CPC Course--I'm actually finished with all the chapter work for the course, which is awesome.  I just have to take the final now.  I actually already took it once, last night, and got a 69% . . . and you need a 70% to pass the class.  Missed it by a freaking point!  Fortunately you get two tries, so now I have to re-take it.  I just have to be finished before September first, so I don't have to pay the extension fee (you have 6 months to take the class, and my 6 months are up at the end of August).  And yes, I realize that September first is the day after tomorrow at this point.  Once the class is finished I take the actual certification test, and that's on September 26th.  I need to pass with a 70% to get my certification, and I'm really really really really really hoping to do it on the first try.  The test is actually an in person proctored exam, so that'll be fun.

Aside from that . . . I finally got my oil changed Friday after going a shameful amount of miles without one.  My check engine light came on on Thursday and as soon as it did I realized I hadn't changed my oil in over a year.  (Good job, adult Ica).  The light went off as soon as the oil was changed, so now I'm just kinda praying that my engine continues to run correctly.

Dogs, cats, and Jerbs are all fine and dandy.

I'm going to SLC next weekend for Theresa and Jenna's joint bridal shower, and I'm SO excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment