8.27.2015

Move In Day Nostalgia

Today was move in day at NAU.

It was an overcast day with a few thunderstorms (AKA perfect), and I found myself thinking about how much college me would have loved a move in day like this.  Coming back up the mountain to rain after a hot summer in Kingman would have made me so very happy.

Back then move in day was my absolute favorite, because I was always so glad to come back up to Flagstaff and be back in school and see all my friends.  And I knew that a beautiful fall was right around the corner, so it was always just a happy time for me.  (Now I hate move in day, because I much prefer living in Flagstaff when it's not crawling with douche bag college kids, but I digress).

Earlier this week, I went on a Dunkin' Donuts run in the afternoon, and there were some flag line girls practicing in the parking lot next to DD (DD is right by campus, so they were in the parking lot of what I think is Disability Services . . . that's what it was when I was in school, anyhow).  It definitely made me nostalgic for marching band and football games.

Add all of this to the fact that I've been reading through my old LiveJournal, which encompasses my whole college experience, and it's just been a nostalgic kind of week.

As much fun as it is to look back on my college days here in Flagstaff, it also helps me to really understand why I want to leave Flagstaff, but that's for another time and another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment