3.05.2013

A Reminder

Today I woke up at 6:30 AM, showered/blow dried/moisturized/got dressed/etc, and left the apartment at 7:10(ish).

I went to work.  During my lunch hour I went to the gym and did a half an hour of cardio (elliptical today).  I went back to work and finished out my day there.  Then I went back to the gym and took an hour long yoga class, then did another half hour on the elliptical.

Then I spent an hour on the bus to come home (super lame, I know), and got home at about 8:35 PM.  Which basically means that I had a 13 hour day.

And y'know what?  I freaking loved it.  It was a great day, both work wise and fitness wise and just mental health wise.

During the bus ride home I got to thinking (because what else is there to do on that long a bus ride?) and it occurred to me that 3 years ago--or even a year and a half ago--the mere thought of a day like today would have paralyzed me with anxiety and fear and dread.  I probably would have found a way to get out of it and shut myself in the house all day, or would have suffered through it and completely broken down.

But not today.  Today I was freaking awesome, and I am so damn proud of that.

It was a great reminder of how far I've come and how much better I've gotten.

I love it.  And I'm happy.  And I'm going to do this every Tuesday for at least the next few weeks, and I absolutely don't doubt that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment