3.31.2013

A Trip to Ktown

This past weekend, Jerbs was actually off from work, so we rented a car, loaded up the dogs, and headed to Kingman for a few days.  And it was lovely.

I spent the weekend hanging out with my family--dying eggs, watching Ghostbusters with Austin (it's his current obsession), letting Max run around (he loves kids and was basically Austin's sidekick all weekend), and just relaxing.  Austin was attached to me the whole time I was there, which was awesome; I love that little boy so much.  He is just at such a hilarious age that there's never a dull moment and he's so much fun.  I babysat him today while my sister worked and had to take him to my mom's since Jenny wasn't off work yet; we were halfway there when I noticed he'd gotten really quiet.  I glanced back, expecting him to be asleep, but he was just sitting in his car seat with this horribly sad look on his face.  When I asked him what was wrong he started crying and said he was going to miss me and didn't want me to leave.  It broke my heart, but at the same time, I'm glad that he misses me when I'm gone, because better that than him forgetting about me.

Anyway, it was nice to see everyone, and nice to drive . . . although I won't lie, it took some getting used to because I hadn't actually driven a car since November.

All in all it was a good weekend.  I've gotten anxious about going to Kingman ever since . . . you know, but this time that was at a minimum.  I don't know why but I felt very relaxed about the whole thing, including the Corey aspects.  There were difficult moments but nothing too bad.  Like I said, I don't know why, and I'll probably say more about it later but I'm just too tired right now.

But something about this weekend was just refreshing.  As we were leaving I felt renewed.  More focused, more determined.  Tomorrow is Monday, plus it's the first of the month, and I am determined to make April awesome.  I feel more capable than ever as far as my goals, and I'm going to work hard this month.  As we were leaving Kingman I felt hopeful, calm, and full of potential.

Of course that faded a little once we got back to Flagstaff.  I think I really didn't want to leave Kingman this time around and I just felt sad.  There was just something that felt so good about being there and I miss that. It's hard to explain.  Plus I think I'm just stressed because normally on Sundays I do things like laundry and clean and get ready for the start of the work week and obviously, that didn't happen this Sunday, so now I'm rushing around trying to get some of it done before I have to go to bed . . . sigh.

Either way, I'm very hopeful about this coming month, and I have a good feeling about things right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment