3.27.2013

I'm Going to Talk About "Dancing With the Stars" Now

So DWTS premiered last Monday.  I was pretty stoked about it.  Because I need more things in my life that make me sound like an old woman, right?

But anyway.

There was no elimination after the first round, so the first elimination was last night.  And holy cow was I depressed when there ended up not actually being an elimination when Dorothy Hamill announced she was withdrawing from the competition due to an injury.  Mostly I'm disappointed because she was paired with Tristan MacManus who is just about the sexiest thing I've ever seen with an awesome Irish accent, and I wanted him to stay around longer this season.  I was excited because he got an ice skater, and they tend to do well in the competition, but no.  He was eliminated first last season too . . . lame.  Not gonna lie, this makes me a teeny bit less invested in the rest of the season but oh well.

Other than that it's just the same . . . Derek and Mark have ringers, Tony's basically screwed (I think the producers were like oh, you finally won a season? well fuck you), the judges are still 66.3% nutjob, and so on.  But still fun to watch.

Here are my predictions for the rest of the competition.  I was way wrong with most of my predictions last season so we'll see how I do this time around.  (Sigh . . . I wish I had a life).  I'm not even counting week one since it was what it was.

Week 1:  Lisa & Gleb
Week 2:  Victor & Lindsey
Week 3:  D.L. & Cheryl
Week 4:  Wynona & Tony
Week 5:  Ingo & Kym
Week 6:  Sean & Peta
Week 7:  Andy & Sharna
Week 8:  Jacoby & Karina
Week 9:  Aly & Mark
Week 10:  Kellie & Derek
WIN:  Zendaya & Val

I know the first two are both new pros, but that seems to be how it generally goes when there are newbies.  They just don't have very big fan bases, and at this point in the show, I think a lot of people vote for their fave pros as well as their fave celebrities.  I don't know how big these two celebrities' fan bases are though, so that might be enough to pull them through.  And Sharna's a new pro as well but she's been a troupe member for awhile so she's a little familiar to the audience.

D.L. and Cheryl I think could go farther, because she's a long standing favorite pro dancer with a good sized fan base.

I kept switching Ingo/Sean/Andy around those three spots.  I think those three couples will be the kind of middle of the pack to go but it could be in any order, I think.

Yes, I'm predicting a Chmerkovsky for the win.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part but I definitely think Val has a shot this season.  He really endeared himself to the audience last season (seriously, him and Kelly, so freaking cute together), plus he's just generally more likeable than his brother.  And even though Zendaya's very young and probably doesn't have a huge fan base--especially among the DWTS audience demographic--something about her is really endearing, and she's a good dancer.  I think she'll grow on voters as the season progresses.

Anyway.  I promise I do think about real things that matter during the day too, like work and stuff.  But DWTS is most definitely my guilty pleasure and someday, I'll look back at this and be amused at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment