8.11.2013

Sad News From Back Home

In the past week, 2 people I went to high school with have died.

One, who graduated with me and who I didn't know very well personally, was in a car accident.  She had 3 kids and died the week before our ten year reunion.

The other, who graduated a year behind me, I was fairly close to my last year of high school when I TA'd for the junior A.P. English class he was in, the same class I'd taken the year before.  We didn't keep in touch much after graduation but I know he was a bright, wonderful person.  He took his own life Saturday night.

I hate hearing about people my age dying.  I hate it.  Even if it's someone I didn't really know or someone I lost touch with a long time ago, I hate it.

Suicides especially get to me.  I think because of my own past with suicidal ideation, because of how much I wanted to do it . . . it just shakes me.  Both in that I hate thinking of people I know going through that sort of mental anguish and giving in to those dark thoughts and in that it's a very chilling reminder that it very easily could have been me.

All I want right now is someone to hold me.  Isn't that stupid?  But true anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment