10.25.2013

Cluster F Update # 2

Today I called my pharmacy and asked if it was possible that my script request had gone to Arkansas.  The guy basically laughed at me and told me it would have gone to the office it originated in, and then told me again that it had been denied by the doctor's office.  So I asked him who had denied it, because from what I've always seen, Rx denials/approvals have to be signed by the doctor doing it.  And he told me that they wouldn't have that information on file.  Um, what?  So I asked if he could give me the number it had been faxed to and he told me that that information wasn't available either because supposedly they delete denied requests as soon as they're denied.  Ummmm . . . yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and put out there that not documenting things like this is incredibly irresponsible and probably illegal in some places.

I asked him again if he was sure he couldn't tell me who denied it and he got kinda snippy with me, and let me tell you that right now is just not the time for that, and I may have snapped a little.

I said to him, "So if I snap and kill myself this weekend because I'm out of my medication and my family decides to sue your pharmacy for incompetence, you'd have no way to prove that the doctor denied my prescription to cover your own ass?"  I usually think of really mean things to say to people providing shitty customer service and then scale it back to a less asshole-ish level but today . . . yeah.  Needless to say he had no response for that so after a very tense several second silence, I sarcastically told him he'd been very helpful and hung up.

Then I called my doctor's office, who told me that my request definitely wouldn't have gone to AR, but that it hadn't come to then either and that they genuinely have no clue what the pharmacy is saying.  At this point, I believe them.  So the girl I talked to took my prescription and pharmacy info. and said she'd get a message to the doctor  to just call in a new refill.  I told her it was urgent and she said she'd try to make sure it was called in today.

But, that didn't happen.  I called the pharmacy this evening and they hadn't been called, but they did offer to give me a 3 day supply just so I could get through the weekend.  It cost me 40 cents* and when I got home and opened the bottle, I found they'd given me 5 pills instead of 3.  Which has pretty much been the highlight of my week.

The new full script should be called in on  Monday, which is a tremendous relief.

This debacle has now taken 3 full freaking blog entries.  Ridiculous.  Is it really too much to ask that people whose jobs significantly effect other peoples' lives get their shit together?

*And naturally, I didn't have any cash on me whatsoever, and no change other than some random pennies at the bottom of my purse, so I had to put 40 cents on my freaking debit card.  Huuuuge pet peeve of mine!  I hate putting less than a dollar on my debit card, it's so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment