10.31.2013

Halloween 2013

This Halloween was pretty uneventful.

I had to work, and the night before work, I got an anonymous Halloween gift from a co-worker (I know who it was, though) and it was kind of part of a chain thing, so I had to get two other co-workers gifts. And the gifts kind of gave me some Halloween spirit so at the last minute I signed up to bring pumpkin chocoloate chip cookies to the Halloween pot luck at work. In the process of signing up I kind of got roped into bringing some “real food” as well.

So I went straight from the work to the store and bought stuff for my gift bags, ingredients for my cookies, and ingredients for a baked potato soup I found online. I figured soup was fairly simple, and I could put it in my crockpot to keep warm at the party.

As soon as I got home I started on the soup. It was pretty easy after the chopping and peeling type stuff was done, and Jerbs helped me a lot. Once that was done I made the cookies, and then I put my gift bags together. By the time I finished everything it was time for bed, and I was exhausted, and my legs were absolutely killing me after being in heels all freaking day long. I pretty much fell into bed and didn't sleep all that well.

Halloween itself wasn't bad. My soup and cookies were a hit and my gift bags were too. I won't lie, though, I felt like I got hit by a damn truck all day long. My legs hurt from the heels thing (I definitely wore flats on Halloween), and I was completley exhausted. I think never having any actual, legit down time the day before really hurt my sleep cycle. I'm definitely the type of person who needs to just veg out for a while and unwind after work before I go to bed.

After work I came home determined to not give in to taking a nap, but after a couple hours, I just couldn't help it. Jerbs was sick so she laid down too, and we both pretty much took like 3 hour naps. It was actually pretty awesome.

I definitely wished I could have been in Kingman, though, hanging out with Austin and taking him trick or treating and handing out candy at my mom's.


But overall, not a bad Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment