2.12.2014

What's Up With Ica?

I feel like a blog slacker lately.  And that's dumb because there's actually a lot I want to write about so . . . here's a pretty random mish mash of what's going on in my life.

1.  The debit card debacle.  Back on New Years Eve I got an email from my bank, basically saying that my card had been compromised (in that whole Target thing that happened) and they were sending me a new one.  A week later I still didn't have my new card so I called the customer service line and apparently there was an error in my address (the zip code was missing).  I updated the address and was told by what I'm assuming is the dumbest CSR at Compass that I had to actually go into my bank to request another card be sent since the first one had been returned.  So I did that on January 8th, and the teller at the bank said that since I was requesting it in person my current card had to be canceled.  Which meant no debit card until my new one came, which was supposed to happen in 7-10 business days.  Well, jump ahead three weeks and I'm still debit card-less, so I went into the bank and asked WTF was going on, and basically got told to be more patient.  A week later, after 4 weeks of no debit card, I called customer service, and found out that the dumbest CSR ever had somehow removed my apartment number from my address.  Awesome.  So I updated that and then was told that I had to call back after 24 hours and request that another card be sent and that it could be rushed to me at no charge.  I did that, and was told that since it was being rushed I'd have to be home to sign for it when it came.  Which obviously ticked me off because I'm not home during the day . . . but whatever.  At this point I'd decided to switch banks but I still wanted Compass to hold up their end of things and get me my freaking card.  So this past Friday I opened a checking and savings account at a different bank, and I'll be closing my Compass account this week.  And my Compass debit card also came this past Friday, and I didn't have to sign for it; it was sitting on my porch when I got home from dinner with Jerbs.  Seriously, WTF.  I'm glad it's almost done with, and I'm excited about my new bank!

2.  The financial controller at my work jokingly gave me crap about coming to work on my birthday.  And the conclusion of the conversation was her telling me that next year I absolutely have to because no one should work on their birthday.  Not really a big deal, but it makes me so happy that it's just an assumption that I'll still be working there on my next birthday.  I love having a job that actually feels stable and where it actually feels like I'm wanted.

3.  I've been a slacker in the fitness department for the past week or so but for some reason, my motivation seems to have come back all at once today.  I did OK diet wise and worked out for almost an hour (work out videos at home).  I also created a kind of work out regimen with online work out videos, and I'm really excited about it.  It took a lot to get up and work out this evening but man, I felt awesome afterwards.  Sometimes I forget how much better I feel when I'm working out consistently.

4.  Someone on MFP posted this long rant in the forums about how ridiculous/confusing it is that mental illness is suddenly "cool" and that people are "bragging" about stuff like being bipolar and acting like it's a badge of honor.  I won't lie, it, and some of the responses to it, kind of upset me.  But I didn't let it get to me and I have since concluded that what this person really has a problem with is the fading of the stigma that's always existed when it comes to mental illness.  It's becoming less and less of a shameful thing that needs to be hidden and more of an issue that needs to be addressed to be beaten.  I guess it's really not surprising that some people are uncomfortable with that, but still.  At any rate, I want to say that I absolutely don't think being bipolar is a badge of honor--but overcoming bipolar sure as hell is, and I'll wear it with pride for the rest of my life.

5.  I found out yesterday that Lithium can cause severe acne, which explains why my skin has royally sucked the past couple years (after being damn near flawless my whole life).  Obviously I'm not going to stop taking Lithium in favor of better skin but I'm kind of glad to know why it's happening.

6.  In general, right now, I'm just feeling very optimistic and happy.  And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment