1.22.2016

Work Eval

So today I got my yearly evaluation from my boss at work.

It went pretty much as expected.  Pretty much just a you're doing awesome and keep up the good work kinda thing.  The one thing I know I need to work on is the one thing my boss says I need to work on, so all in all, it was good news.  My boss also encouraged me to stop feeling like I needed to take on other people's work if they fall behind (my office mate is suuuuper slow at some stuff and I tend to feel obligated to pick up the slack), and I'm glad she did.  I get really frustrated and I think I needed to hear from my boss that it's OK to just let things go and let my co-workers really be responsible for themselves.

One thing that I'm really disappointed about, though, is my raise.  Based on the fact that I got my CPC a few months ago, and since I've been taking on a lot more work (both coding and otherwise)--I definitely had a number in mind for my raise.  And I was definitely expecting something more than what my past two raises have been.

So imagine my disappointment when I looked at my paperwork and saw a raise that is actually a little less than what I got last year.  My heart just kind of sank and I actually almost cried.  But I'm not much of a boat rocker so I just kind of sucked it up and didn't say anything.  I didn't want to get all upset and crying at my boss, and I knew that's what would happen if I brought it up.

Plus, at least I got a raise, and at least I have a job at all.  I reminded myself over and over again today that a lot of people would kill for what I got today, and that I should be grateful for what I have.

But still.  It was disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment