1.01.2016

2016 Goals

I'm not really in the mood to make a list of New Year's Resolutions this year, because it gets kind of discouraging making the same ones over and over again and not accomplishing them (which I know is totally my own fault).  But I still wanted to touch on some of the things I want to accomplish this year.

As usual, I would like to lose weight.  I need to get in shape, both because I'm sick of how I look and because I want to be healthier.  I work in cardiology and I see what happens to people who don't take care of themselves and I don't want to be one of those patients when I'm older.

I want to rededicate myself to my mental health.  Not that things are terrible in this area right now, but I feel like I've kind of . . . I don't know, been less diligent the past year.  I want to be consistent with it.

I want to focus on my writing.  My goal is to write 1000 words of creative writing a month.  I think that's doable.

I also want to be better with money and really start working on building my credit.  Jerbs and I want to buy a house within the next few years.

I want to travel.  Last year I learned that I am completely capable of traveling so I definitely want to do more of it this year.  Particularly, I want to finally go to Seattle.

And speaking of Seattle, I think one of the biggest goals for this year is to finally move to Washington.  I really feel like it's just time, and like Jerbs and I are finally in a place where we could actually make it happen.  The thought of actually moving is overwhelming and kind of scary but also really, really exciting.  I've (mostly) loved the past few years in Flagstaff, and things here have gone far better than I'd have expected, but I have never felt like staying here long time is a real, sustainable option.

I also wanted to pick a word for this year, and the word I picked is BOLD.  So I'm going to try and be BOLD this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment