2.23.2013

A Great Saturday

Today I bought a bed!

Isn't that exciting?  It doesn't sound too thrilling, I know, but I'm stoked about it!

That wasn't the only good part about today, though.

First, I actually woke up at a fairly normal time today . . . it was actually still morning and not afternoon, which is pretty rare for me on a day off.  Then I found a lucky penny while I was walking to the bus stop.  That sounds pretty lame too, but I'm kind of obsessed with symbols of good luck, and I get very excited whenever I find a lucky penny.  And just FYI, pennies are only lucky if they're heads up when you find them.  (Jerbs doesn't believe me but it's totally true).

Then I bought a bed.  I went to this little mattress store that's in the same plaza as Michael's/JoAnn's.  It's kind of out of the way, but I'd called them before I went and they had a good price for a twin mattress set.  Of course I went back and forth on it the whole way there because that's just what I do.  I went with the cheapest one they had ($149), and it's actually a really nice bed for the price.  I was a little surprised at the quality.  At one point the conversation with the sales people came to why I was purchasing a bed, and I told them the truth--that I had moved up here after a bad break up and was sick of sleeping on the floor.  Well, later, as I was going to pay and arrange delivery, the guy asked where it needed to be delivered to.  I told him it was across town, and he said that normally they charge $40 for deliver, but that since I "needed a break" he'd do it for $20.  I told him that would be fantastic!  Isn't that awesome?  I mean, I felt a tid bit guilty because there's a lot more to the whole  break up story than that but still . . . I've spent a lot of time crying and healing over it so why shouldn't I benefit a little from the sob story?

Then I went into Michael's because I wanted to buy a tote bag--something I can decorate myself and use to carry my workout stuff with me to work, since I intend to start doing that very soon.  The one I wanted was $6.99 but the cashier scanned this random coupon for me and it ended up costing like $4.

And then I found another lucky penny!

All in all, not a bad Saturday.

Plus I had Mexican food with Jerbs, which is always fun.

My bed will be here Tuesday and I can't wait!  Look at me making grown up purchases and stuff . . . it's a little crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment