2.01.2013

Weigh In # 2 (2013)

Weight as of this morning: 176.0 pounds.

On January 1st I was at 181.6, which means that during the month of January, I lost 5.6 pounds!

I'm pretty dang happy with those results.  It was pretty nice to see that # on the scale this morning!

I wish I could say I did super well diet/exercise this month, but . . . well, I really didn't.  Particularly in exercise.

This month I did all right with altering my diet; I avoided fast food for almost half of the month, and while that's not too much, it's incredible for me.  (I literally went about 7 years where I ate fast food every single day so this is an accomplishment for me).  I think that's probably the reason I was able to actually lose weight this month.  I also drank less Dr. Pepper in January, and drank a lot more water.  Increasing my water intake has probably been the biggest change, and I can honestly say that I've never drank so much water in my life!  I'm up to about 4 cups (2 bottles) a day.  I've started to drink more Dr. Pepper since I started working, though, so hopefully I'll be able to keep it under control in February.

As far as exercising goes . . . I did not do nearly as well as I'd hoped.  I was doing all right at the start of the month but then once I started working . . . not so much.  It's just soooooo cold out by the time I get home that I really, really struggled with making myself walk over to the workout room.  My first weekend from work I managed to exercise a little, but the second weekend, I was just wiped out and didn't have the energy.  I think my saving grace this past month (the reason I lost weight) was all the walking I did.  Having to work every day means that I'm walking every day--to the bus stop, from the bus stop to work, back to the bus stop, home, etc etc etc.  And honestly, most mornings I run to the stop since I'm always running late, and that most definitely gets my heart rate up.  Even though the bus sucks in the cold, I'm pretty grateful that it keeps me going like that, if that makes sense.  I really need to look into joining the gym across the street from work (we get to join for free + a discount on the monthly price).  I want to join, but I don't know if there's a process we have to go through or whatever.  I always mean to ask someone at work but I get too caught up in whatever I'm doing for the day so . . . it doesn't happen.

So my goals for February are to join they gym, cut fast food out of my diet even more (my goal is less than 10 days with eating out), and keep reducing the Dr. Pepper and keep drinking water.  I also want to do something physical every day, even if it's something small, like weights or an ab workout, or stretching.

I feel like I can accomplish all of that and then some this month!  Hoping for a successful and productive February!

No comments:

Post a Comment