2.25.2013

Sad Pics of 9816

On Friday, after Jerbs and I ate dinner, we decided to go over to Hastings and see what they had for sale.  I think I was expecting the store to look exactly how it had last time I was there in November, only with emptier shelves and lower prices.

But to my surprise, the store was almost completely empty.  The rental wall is empty, all but 2 bookshelves are empty, the entire kids book section is just gone, etc etc etc.  It actually really depressed me and I might have teared up a little.  I don't know why, because I really and truly hated that place, and I think closing the store is a good decision.  It was still hard, though.  Maybe because I did have some good times there in college.  Maybe just because I don't like change or endings.

Anyway, Jerbs and I took some pictures since it was the last time we'd ever see that building as Hastings again . . . which is a weird, weird, weird thought.

The rental wall (the blue part) and aisles that used to be
for sale video.

Video games.  These fixtures used to be rental games
and game guides.

The trends section, where all the random stuff was--
board games, socks, magnets, lanyards, gag gifts, etc.  That back
wall was the t-shirt wall.

Empty bookcases.
Random extra fixtures just kind of hanging out
down at the end of the rental wall, plus the edge
of the video side of the video/music desk.

This is a random four way fixture at the start of
the video section.  It used to hold sports memorabilia on
some sides, and movie memorabilia on the rest.  I had to completely
rearrange it at least every other LS shift.

There were only 4 people working in the store that night.  And it was dead . . . there was only a handful of other customers, and this place used to be slammed on Friday nights. 

I was disappointed that all the trends stuff was gone because that's what I'd wanted to buy on sale.  Jerbs found some cheap DVD's though, so that's good.

Even though I 100% do NOT miss working there, I'll definitely miss Hastings, because I like the company, I liked this store (as far as buying things), and it's kind of a sentimental thing for me.  I hope that all the people still working there--even the ones I don't like--are able to find new, better jobs now.  (OK, I won't lie, I only wish that for most of them . . . there are a few I really despise and would love to see fail . . . I'm terrible).

And even though it was sad, I'm glad that Jerbs and I decided to go in there, because I wanted to say goodbye, and I feel like I got to.  (I know, I'm so weird).  It's going to be really bizarre to see Sprouts instead of Hastings in that plaza when it opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment