1.31.2013

January's Over

Hard to believe it's the last day of January already.  The month has flown by.

I think it's because of work.  Having a regular schedule and less down time has left me with less time with nothing to do, if that makes sense.  Lately my days are work, home, food, TV/Jerbs/whatever, sleep.  I quite like it.

I do have to say that this week started out pretty badly.  On Monday I woke up to about 2 inches of snow on the ground--and it was still snowing.  Which meant thermal pants and snow boots . . . and somehow I ended up putting my snow boots one the wrong freaking feet.  I have very basic snow boots and I never even realized they were made for specific feet--I thought they were just round and thus interchangeable.  Apparently I've just always accidentally gotten it right in the past.  (To be fair, I bought them like 5 months before I moved back to Kingman, so I haven't worn them a whole lot).  Anyway, I felt super dumb, and of course I was  running late so I had no time to fix them.  So I had to run to the bus stop, through falling snow and a couple inches on the ground, in my boots that were on the wrong feet.  Lovely, lovely way to start the day.

Then Tuesday morning, I woke up around 4:30 AM, got a drink of water, and went back to bed since my alarm was set for 6 AM.  I woke up awhile later, looked at my phone, and it was 6:47.  Genius me set my alarm but forgot to take the phone off vibrate.  Durrr.

Thankfully, Wednesday and today started without any weirdness or disasters.

Work is still going well.  I feel awkward sometimes--out of my league a little--but I'm still doing all right.  I've realized that I definitely do work best when I'm left alone and can kind of think things out for myself without feeling nervous or pressured from being watched.  The past few days have been good for that reason.

Today I got to post insurance checks by myself, and I got my own little A/R list to work.  (A/R stands for accounts receivable and basically, it's a list of unpaid claims that need to be researched and hopefully resolved).  It's probably the most challenging thing yet, not necessarily because it's hard, just because I don't know all the details of stuff.  It takes me a while to figure out what to do, and then a while longer to figure out how to do it.  I'm sure that as I get more used to doing it and all that, I'll be better and more comfortable with it.

I think that's about all I have to say for the moment.  I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment