4.19.2013

Spoiling Myself

Today was payday.  And I have to admit that I spoiled myself a little.  For good reason, though.

I invested in some new shoes--a super cute pair of nude pumps with 2 inch heals that will go with anything I wear to work.  They were only $20 and I figured why not?  And Payless was having a sale on purses so I ended up buying 2 of them . . . I really needed a new purse and the second one was half off so really, it was an awesome deal.

I treated Jerbs to dinner.

Then I bought the usual stuff I need at WalMart (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc) plus a new work shirt.  And some folders to store my patterns in since I've been sewing so much lately.  And a couple other little things.  And another new pair of shoes . . . I have no decent flats anymore, and I needed something for this time of year and the occasional summer night when it's too warm for tennis shoes but too cool for flip flops.

It all adds up, and yes, I spent too much money, and yes, I feel a little guilty about it.

At the same time, though, with the exception of the second purse and the flats, I didn't buy anything I didn't actually need.  I feel like building my professional wardrobe is a necessity right now, because part of my job is looking professional.  And I didn't spend so much that I won't be able to pay bills and rent and whatever; really, the only way this effects me is that I end up having less to save towards my car down payment.  And that only effects me so . . . yeah.

And I had a shitty week.  I think I deserved a little spoiling.

This weekend, though, I'm determined to write up a budget that I can stick to.

No comments:

Post a Comment