12.11.2012

An Interview, An Old Friend, A Crazy Guy, and Purple Hair

Yesterday I had a job interview.  It was at 9 AM and because I suck at realizing I'm out of things, I dragged myself out of bed at 6 AM so I could catch the 6:30 bus and buy face wash.  (I cannot shower without face wash . . . I just can't.  It's an OCD thing).  Got back at 7:25, which gave me exactly 33 minutes to shower, blow dry, and get dressed, because I had to catch the 8:03 bus for the interview.  It wasn't fun, but I did it!  Had to run to the bus stop and got there basically as the bus did (if no one else had been waiting I'd have been screwed) but that's really nothing new.  The interview went well, but it was one where the guy mostly told me about the job instead of asking a lot of questions, which always makes me feel weird.  They need someone fast, though, which is in my favor because I'm not currently working.  The guy said he's interviewed a few other people and that he would make a decision within the next couple days.  I did my best and now all I can do is cross my fingers and hope and say a prayer or two . . . all of which I've done extensively today.  I desperately want this, because I am sick and tired of having to depend on Jerbs . . . it's not fair to her and I feel like crap.  I just want something that's MINE and hopefully this job will be it!

Jerbs came with me for moral support so after the interview I went to find her at Albertsons and couldn't.  I wandered to the Starbucks next door to see if she'd gone there, and as I was going in, one of my old co-workers from the clinic was walking out.  I was so happy to see him!  He's an MA at Concentra now (the company that bought the clinic) and he and I always had a great time working together.  He gave me a hug and we caught up for a few minutes, and it made my day.  It's been more than 3 years since I worked there but I still miss my old work family.

Once I found Jerbs we caught the bus back to the transfer station to catch another bus so we could go have breakfast.  And randomly, the weird goofy crazy driver who used to drive route 3 was driving.  We hadn't seen him in awhile so we sat up front to chat, and it was easily the most entertaining bus ride we'd had in a long time.  This driver is a young guy (one year older than us) who apparently lives with his parents and just bought a moped.  He's funny, though, and I like him.

After we got home and both took a nap, I colored Jerbs' hair purple.  She bought some temporary comb in dye today at WalMart on a whim, because she really wants a weird hair color but she's not allowed to at her job.  Since she's on vacation, she figured what the hell.  Pretty much just the top of her hair is purple, and I had fun putting it in.  She looks pretty cool!

Jerbs hair after the dying.

My hands after the dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment