12.15.2012

A Snowy Day

It snowed through last night so we woke up to solid white.  I had to leave the house at one point and there were spots where the snow was up to my knees.  (Granted I have like a 26 inch inseam so up to my knees isn't a huge deal).  Even with all the snow, the roads were clear--just a little icy.

Our porch this afternoon, the ground near our apartment, and the two big pine trees in front of our porch.
Living on the third floor=living at tree top level!
Aside from my outing to Safeway, we all stayed inside and kept warm today.  Both cats were snuggly, and Benji stayed on his heating pad.

And I got some work done on a few embroidery projects I'm working on.

Each of these is part of a Christmas ornament for someone . . . or someone's pet.
I'm not going to say what's for who, since I don't really know who all reads this!
Since I'm not going to have enough money for actual gifts this year, I figured I'd do homemade gifts for everyone.  I'll definitely post pics of the finished projects.  I love embroidering so much, and I'm really enjoying doing it.  I like the way everything's turning out so far (I'm especially proud of the snowman!).

Anyway, that was our snow day.  It's so pretty out right now.  I'm determined to make a snow angel tomorrow.  And a snowman, if I can convince Jerbs to help me.  (She's not as big a fan of snow as I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment