12.01.2012

You Call This December?

It's officially December.  And you would not really think that looking out the window here.

Normally by now we have snow.  And a decent amount of it.  And even if we don't have much snow it's freezing cold.

But we haven't had snow since that one random day in November.  And it hasn't been too cold except at night.  Looking at the ten day forecast there's nothing but sunny or partly cloudy days, and highs in the 60's.

It's SO weird.  I've been thinking a lot of summer lately and I think this is why--because it really doesn't feel like winter here.

Normally I'd find this lack of winteriness super depressing, but this year, I'm actually kind of glad, because I think the not so wintery weather is keeping me sane.

To me, winter means Christmas.  And Christmas, at the moment, is basically ruined for me, because of Corey.  And ever since we broke up I have dreaded winter and snow and Christmas and all of that.  And yes, Christmas is pretty much everywhere but at least I can ignore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment