1.11.2013

Fuh.Ree.Zing. & Other Stuff From Today

First and foremost, it's cold.  Really freaking cold.  Jerbs and I were walking home from the bus stop at about 7:30 PM and it was 17 degrees out.  I actually wore my thermal pants under my jeans today.

Besides the cold . . . let's see.

I had intended to go get my lab work done yesterday, after we picked up my application from MHC (my new place of employment) and had lunch.  Halfway through lunch, though, I asked Jerbs if she had my lab order with her, since it had been in her bag last I'd known.  She said she'd set it on the coffee table so I could hold on to it, which I didn't know.  And there wasn't time to go all the way home, get the lab order, and make it to the lab before 4 (which is when they close).

So today I got up and left with Jerbs at a little after 7 AM, figuring I'd just get it out of the way.  I had to stop at the ATM and take cash out of Jerbs' account, so my plan was to do that, have breakfast to break a couple twenties (if you pay cash you have to pay with exact change, and since medical prices reset at the first of the year, I didn't know exactly what I'd need).  Well,  not long after we got on the bus, I realized I'd forgotten the lab order.  Again.

I went to the ATM and took out a little money (it was the ATM in Biff's so you can't do much with it), had breakfast, went home and got the lab order, stopped at the BoA ATM near the bus stop and took out the rest of the money, went to Safeway and broke another twenty, and then, finally, I got on the bus to the lab.  Once I actually made it to the lab with my lab order, it was a super fast process.  I think I was there for 7 minutes.

I came home and took a nap, during which I had a really, really, really bad dream that is still making me anxious even right now, which sucks.

I met Jerbs at the bus transfer station so we could go to the new WalMart* and do some grocery shopping.  Because grocery shopping is good and having plenty of food to eat at home definitely keeps me from eating out as much.

The ride home sucked because a very drunk guy sat one seat away from Jerbs and me and continued to try to talk to us . . . even though we both completely ignored him.  I eventually put in my earbuds and listened to music and Jerbs started reading on her Kindle . . . and in response, this guy started tapping me on the arm.  At this point I was pissed, so we decided to move at the next stop . . . and wouldn't you know, that was the stop this douche got off at.  Whatever, I was just relieved.  I hate drunk people, because I absolutely see no point in getting that trashed and then bothering people on public transportation.  And this guy smelled awful.  He smelled like green bean casserole . . . if one of the key ingredients in green bean casserole was a quart of vodka.  Sick.

So that was today.  I'm relieved to have my lab work done.  Now the next hurdle is postponing my appointment with my doctor, which I'm sure will make him just super happy.  But the appointment is this coming Wednesday and there's a good chance that'll be my first or second day of work at MHC, and I want to make a good first impression.
----------
*Flagstaff has two WalMarts.  The old one is not a super center so it only has a few groceries.  The new one is a super center so it has a full grocery section.

No comments:

Post a Comment