1.25.2013

I Got Money In The Bank

I got paid today!  My first paycheck from MHC!  It was incredibly exciting.  I only got paid for my first three days of work (so like 20.2 hours) but still, money's money.  Plus I didn't think we got paid until February 1st so finding out pay day was this week was pretty cool!  And given that nothing has been deposited into my bank account since November (my last check from Hastings) it's a great feeling.  So of course I treated Jerbs to a nice dinner out, and it was well worth it, even though I feel disgusting from how much I ate and don't want to see or hear about banana pudding for at least 6 months.

Aside from pay day, work is a little stressful right now.  I mean, I'm still totally loving it and enjoying working there but . . . my boss boss was on vacation this past week.  Before she left she made a training schedule for me, so everyone knew who I was supposed to be training with every day and what I was supposed to be learning.  And then it all went to crap because one of the front desk girls is pregnant and got sick and is now out until further notice, which leaves the front desk short handed.  To help out, the billing office took over eligibility verification, which is basically just making sure a patient has the insurance they say they do and finding out the details of the coverage so we know if they have a copay or deductible or whatever.  It's not hard, but it is tedious and time consuming (we use insurance websites for verifying almost every plan so you have to log in and obviously I don't know any of the user names or passwords by heart so I have to look them up).  So yeah, that's fun.  Apparently the goal is to be two weeks ahead . . . and today I finished Monday and Tuesday of next week.  So yeah.  It's what I'll most likely be doing next week as well.  At least, I hope it is, because for whatever reason I feel really driven to get it caught up, at least for next  week, plus there's something weirdly satisfying about it.

So that's work.  I really do love it, and I feel like such a grown up in my office!  Well, my half an office.  It's pretty awesome.
--------------------
In news not related to work, this past Thursday my mom had to have another one of our childhood pets put down.  This time it was our big fluffy orange cat whose name was Monkey Orange but who we always called Fuzzy Puff.  She was an old cat (I don't remember when we got her) who we adopted as a stray; my dad found her in our yard early one morning when he was going to work, and he let her in the garage, where she immediately started climbing the peg hooks on the walls.  That's why she was named Monkey Orange.  She was never a very cuddly cat but she was sweet, and I'm so sad that she's gone now.  But at the same time, there was something wrong with her back legs (like maybe she had a stroke?) and she was in pain, so I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.  I'm sure she's in kitty heaven having a wonderful time and walking around just fine.  R.I.P. Fuzzy Puff . . . you'll be missed and remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment