1.22.2013

Work So Far and Some Girly TMI

Work so far is going really, really well.

Right now I'm learning basics like payment posting, how to read the EOB's that come with insurance payments, how to sort the mail, etc.  It's actually a little boring (but getting less so) and it's really frustrating because I'm basically still being baby sat.  Which I understand, because I am new and screwing up payment posting would be baaaaaaaad but . . . still.  I work better without being watched super closely and I'm looking forward to when I get to just work on my own.

I'm happy with how much more comfortable I'm getting with things and how much less foreign some of the stuff is becoming.  Mostly EOB's because wow, some of them really make no sense at first glance!  I was a little worried with how today would go because of the long weekend (like what if that extra 24 hours off made me forget everything or something) but I actually felt really confident and comfortable doing the payments and mail.  I feel like I'm picking up on stuff and that's nice.

And I'm still really liking my co-workers.  I honestly haven't met anyone I don't like or feel like I wouldn't get along well with.  At this point I've even met the CEO, who told me himself how glad he was to have me there.  I was so flattered!

The only downside is the schedule.  I don't mind the M--F thing at all, but I'm definitely still adjusting to getting up at 6 AM to get ready for work.  It's hard.  And what's worse (in my opinion) is how it's basically stopped me from working out.  I don't get home until a little after 6 PM, and by then the sun is down, and it's too cold to go work out.  But I'm planning on joining the gym with my first paycheck.

Overall I'm happy with the job.  I really am, and I'm still so thrilled I got it.  It's well worth the scheduling adjustment.
------------------
Here's the TMI part . . . I just need to vent.

I HATE my period!!  I hate it so freaking much.

For the past 4 days I've been freezing, starving, dragging myself out of bed half asleep, and retaining water like whoa.  Plus I'm breaking out on my face.  It sucks.

I've been weighing myself every Tuesday morning since the first of the year and so far I've been happy with the results.  Then this morning, I weighed myself before I got in the shower, and the scale said I'd gained nearly 5 pounds since last Wednesday!  Well, I KNOW I didn't gain that much in a week, because I've been doing OK diet wise, so I'm assuming it's the retained water.  Even though I knew it wasn't accurate and that it was just the water weight, it was still a disappointing start to the day.

Hopefully it's almost over, because I've had enough!  The only silver lining is that this cycle didn't have any severe emotional symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment