1.16.2013

MHC Day #1

I started work today, and I would say that overall it was quite a success.

Sleeping last night, however, was not a success, and I think I got 2.5 hours total.  Lovely.  I was so exhausted when I dragged myself out of bed this morning.  But still, I did it, and I managed to be showered, blow dried, moisturized, perfumed, dressed, bundled up and ready to go almost on time . . . we did have to run to the bus stop.  (Since Jerbs and I work at the same time now we get to catch the same bus in the morning!)

Anyway, I got there on time, and today was all the boring housekeeping type stuff--tax paperwork, new hire paperwork, the employee handbook, HIPAA training videos, OSHA training videos, etc.  Between how dull it was and already being exhausted, I almost fell asleep at my desk.

But still it was a good day.  I have my own little half an office with a big desk (which I am nerdily excited about).  A bunch of people kept stopping by my office or stopping me in the halls/staff rooms to introduce themselves to me and welcome me aboard, which was very nice.  I felt really, really welcome, and I got a good vibe from everyone I met--I can't see myself disliking any of them.  And my more immediate co-workers are all fabulous.

Tomorrow I get to shadow one of the other billers, so it should be more interesting than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment