11.24.2013

Finally A Good Night's Sleep!

I went to bed at 11:15 last night.  11:15!  That's earlier than I go to bed on work nights.  And let me tell you, it was glorious.  I slept straight through the night until 6:20 in the morning . . . 7 continuous hours of sleep.  I don't remember the last time that happened!  My awesome night of sleep was the result of a very long and very busy day.

Back in October my boss sent me an email about this one day conference type deal that was happening in Cottonwood, which is about an hour from Flagstaff.  It was just a few speakers, and in particular there was a speaker from Medicare coming to talk about coding and whatnot.  Our CEO requested that my boss invite someone to go with her, and she invited me.  So I said I'd go, and then nothing was ever said about it again.  Like, nothing.  And as the date got closer I just kind of assumed we weren't going for whatever reason.  Then this past Thursday my boss was like oh shit, that thing is this weekend!

So Friday night I stayed up too late and went to bed at 1:30 AM; then on Saturday morning my alarm clock went off at 4:30.  It was very unpleasant.  But I dragged myself out of bed, got ready to go, and drove over to MHC in the snow (it was coming down pretty hard).  (I have to say, I love having an SUV.  I felt so much better driving that in the snow than any of the other cars I've had).  Thankfully my boss drove to Cottonwood.

The conference was good.  There were 3 speakers: a heart surgeon who went over ICD-10 stuff, an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hands and didn't talk about billing/coding at all, and then a Medicare medical director who talked about ICD-10 and Medicare.  It was all actually very interesting.  I definitely learned some stuff that'll help me out in the future and I'm glad for that.  Medicare is such a complicated insurance that I think really knowing it will be a good thing for my career in this field.  And the conference ended an hour early, so we got home an hour early, which was awesome.

I took a little power nap when I got home and then Jerbs and I went out to dinner and then did some shopping.  We got home a little before 10, and I spent almost an hour just lying in my bed before I realized that I wasn't actually going to be able to stay up.

Anyway, that was my Saturday.  As much as I kind of didn't want to go to the conference I'm glad I did, because I learned a lot, and of course it never hurts to make a good impression on my boss, right?

Now on to my usual Sunday crap, yay.  I'm excited for this coming week, though, because it's only 3 days of work followed by 4 days off!  Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment