11.16.2013

Thoughts & Stuff

I've been feeling pretty happy lately.  For the past two weeks, really, ever since I got back from Kingman; I think something about my visit home had an energizing effect on me.  I've been writing--like actually writing, not just sort of scribbling notes here and there, but actually focusing on one specific writing project and working on it.  I'm making progress on it and it makes me happy.  And I'm really proud of my diet accomplishments this past week; I know I wasn't perfect but I definitely took some really good steps in the right direction and I feel confident about how this next week will go in that respect.

It's been nice.  I've just felt very sure of myself and very engaged in my life.

And then tonight just . . . I don't know.

It started with an argument with Jerbs and then kind of snow balled from there, because that one little argument over nothing made me think of things I generally try to just ignore.

Let me say that I am happy with my life.  I know I don't have a lot to complain about.  But there are times when I'm not content.  Because at the end of the day, as happy as I am, I know that this isn't how I want to spend the rest of my life.

I am so lonely.  This is probably the worst thing.  I can honestly say that Jerbs is my only friend here in Flagstaff.  There is literally no one I can call up and go to dinner with or go hang out with.  She is the only person I interact with socially and it makes me miserable.  Yes I have my co-workers but they're all married and have kids and they don't really have time to hang out with single co-workers.  I love Jerbs but not enough to want her to be my only friend.

And I'm sick of being single.  So fucking sick of it.  I miss Ex-Fiance and I'm painfully aware of how not over him I am.  And I hate myself for not being over it.  I hate missing him and knowing exactly what went wrong with us and exactly how I could have fixed and that for whatever reason I chose not to fix it.  Sometimes I wish I could be blissfully ignorant of the role I played in the end of our relationship, that I really had no idea what I did wrong and blamed him for the whole thing.  The regret is still immense.

I just . . . want a change.  I want to be out of AZ by the time I'm 30; that's my goal.  And sometimes I completely panic that my life, as it is right now, is what my life will always be.  And if I turn 35 and I'm still sharing a bedroom with my ex girlfriend in the town where I went to college, I am going to feel like I took a very, very wrong turn somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment