11.28.2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This was dinner:


Jerbs and I ordered a pre-made Thanksgiving dinner from Sprouts this year, because we decided we didn't feel like cooking, crockpot or otherwise.  We got a turkey breast (because we definitely didn't need a whole turkey for just the two of us), stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli au gratin, cranberry sauce, and dinner rolls for $29.99.  Plus we got a free pie (apple) that we didn't know about until we picked up our dinner!  I didn't try the rolls or the cranberry sauce but the rest of it was delicious.  I was impressed, especially considering that all we had to do was throw everything in the microwave for a few minutes. The broccoli au gratin was really, really good.

That plate in the picture was actually round 2, which took place after the nap that happened after round 1.

I love Thanksgiving.

Other than eating and hanging out with Jerbs I've just been working on some Christmas shopping lists and stuff.  I'm so excited that I'm off until Monday!  Now if only Jerbs didn't have to work for Black Friday, things would be perfect.

I'm not going Black Friday shopping tomorrow, by which I mean I'm not getting up at a ridiculous hour and standing in a ridiculous line to buy anything.  (Seriously, to get me out of bed for Black Friday, the deal would have to be something along the lines of sex with Adam Levine for a dollar).  But I'm going to go do some shopping at a more normal hour, because it's payday and I need crap.  JoAnns is having some sales I want to hit up on Saturday, so I might get up a smidge early for that, but we'll see.

Anyway.  So that was my Thanksgiving.  Lazy and relaxing with good food--that's just what I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment