11.22.2013

TGIF

I'm so glad this week is over.

It started out bad (seriously, worst Monday ever) and really only marginally improved.  I think I've spent most of the week in my bed with the covers pulled over my head, sound asleep.

I have just been exhausted this week.  Flat out exhausted.  Like I felt in April when I thought my thyroid was crashing.  This time I'm blaming it on other things.

I had trouble sleeping on Sunday night.  Not unusual but normally I just have trouble getting to sleep and basically end up falling asleep later than I should.  But this past Sunday I spent most of the night tossing and turning and randomly waking up and feeling incredibly anxious.  I think it was the lack of Lithium starting to take effect.  So then I was super tired Monday, and the combination of exhaustion and having a shitty day felt like a really great excuse for taking a nap after work.

Which meant I went to bed late on Monday.  And took a nap on Tuesday.  And so on and so forth.  I've napped every day this week (loooong naps too . . . like shamefully long naps).  So I screwed my sleep schedule.

Add to the screwed up sleep schedule the lack of Li in my system, the dreary winter weather we've been having, and the fact that it's already completely dark by the time I get home in the evenings and there ya have it.

Not that I don't love the dreary winter weather.  It's been grey and rainy all week (and SNOW predicted for the weekend) and it's beautiful . . . but it also makes my bed a lot more appealing than most other things.

I think it goes without saying that I completely ditched my diet this week.  Sigh.

Next week should be better.  The Lithium issue should be resolved today (Friday), and I know that'll help a lot with the energy thing, which will in turn make it easier to eat better and stick to my normal sleep schedule.  Weeks like this, when I feel like I accomplish nothing, make me feel like crap, and I hate it.  But then, I also think that I'm allowed to have an off week here and there.  It happens to everyone, right?

Here's to Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment