11.14.2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for:

--My friends from college.  I didn't make it out of college with a huge social group, because I was super antisocial.  In retrospect it was probably undiagnosed bipolar disorder that made me that way but regardless of the reason, that's what happened.  Even though I don't have a lot of friends from my college days, the ones I do have--Theresa and B in particular--are pretty freaking amazing, and I'm very grateful for them.

--My furkids!  Benji especially, because he's been my little buddy for 6.5 years now, and because he gave me something to focus on when I was sick and by myself.  I just love him so much, and I hope that he has some good years left with me.  And then there's Max, who's a hand full and at times a gigantic pain in the ass, but who's growing on me.  Even if Benji's my favorite, I'm very very glad that I was able to adopt Max and give him a happy forever home.  It's been very gratifying to watch him go from being shy and scared and skinny to playful and brave and fluffy.  He's really a very sweet dog, he's just been a bit much to get used to.  He's very dog like--he chews on bones and rips up toys and runs around the house and sticks his head out the car window when we drive and lives to go on walks.  And Benji, even at his healthiest, was more like an indoor cat; he's always preferred to be inside and just chilling on the couch.  But they make good brothers, and that makes me happy.  I'm even thankful for Jerbs' cats, because even though they drive me nuts sometimes they're sweet in their own way.  And they make Jerbs happy, which also makes me happy.

--This blog, still.  Because it's a great outlet for me and I like knowing that someday I'll be able to look back at all of this, or that someday my nephew might read it and get to know his Auntica a little bit better.  And because I want it to serve as a resource or an inspiration for other people suffering from mental illness, because I really would love nothing more than to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment