7.28.2012

9816 Ways to Suck

I need to vent about work.

So.  First of all, it took the corporate office 2 weeks to get my transfer put through, so I lost 2 weeks of work and money.  That sucks.

Last week I finally got to start working.  On my second shift, which was a Lifestyles shift, I was doing the hardware audit and I was in the back room counting stuff.  While I was back there the store manager and the books manager were also there, working on whatever.  And they were chatting, at first about just random stuff.  Then, to my surprise, their conversation turned into just a long series of them bashing other employees.  The books manager kept talking about how she's going to make people cry and blah blah blah.  And the store manager was just laughing and encouraging here, and they seriously spent like 20 minutes making fun of and insulting other employees.

I was horrified.  It's unprofessional for them to do that to begin with; it's even more unprofessional for them to do it at the store.  But it's insanely unprofessional of them to do it in front of a CSA--a CSA who's new to the store no less!  It was just a really uncomfortable situation.  I have absolutely no respect for either of them now, and I worry what they say behind my back when I'm not around.  I really, really don't like that.

And probably as an extension of that kind of attitude, there is no sense of a team in that store.  There's no sense that any of the associates have each others' backs, if that makes sense.  I mean, the store here is very disorganized and unstructured, but that's been the case forever, so I was expecting that.  I can handle that (although I will say it's worse than I've ever seen it at this point).  But in the past, there at least was a good crew, and I had friends to work with.  I trusted the people I work with.  And I went into this with an attitude of optimism, thinking I'd be nice and try to make friends with my co-workers and whatever.  But now I have no desire to befriend any of them.  In fact, my gut instinct is to just flat out not trust a single one of them.  Now, I have never, at any of my jobs, liked every single one of my co-workers, and I think that's normal--you can't get along perfectly with everyone.  But I've never walked into a place of work and just thought--not a single one of these people could be my friend.  It's really, really depressing.  So I just kinda do my job, and I document the shit out of everything I do because I know that anyone who works there would throw me under the bus to avoid taking blame for something they did.

So this past Thursday I had another LS shift.  When I got there there were 3 cars and one shopping cart of just random crap all around the music/video desk, and the desk itself was covered in stuff too.  It was all totally random--jewelry, barware, novelty, CD's, a little bit of everything.  I had no clue why it was even there.  And of course there was nothing left for me in the notebook so I didn't know what the hell to do with it.  I decided to just stock it, but first I had to do the hardware audit, and the planner pages said to do a New to Used purge.  So my plan was: hardware audit, purge, stock/straighten.  The audit and purge took up until lunch, so I left.  When I came back, there was a nasty note for me waiting on the desk from the books manager (who was until recently the Lifestyles manager) basically saying that I needed to make a serious dent in the stuff around the desk after lunch and that high price high shrink electronics were not to be on the desk, and that I needed help.  So I had no clue what the electronics shit was that she was talking about but I noticed a second later that there was a portable DVD player and a netbook sitting out on the desk.  Well, I  knew for a fact that they hadn't been there when I went to lunch--they really weren't, I have a picture of the desk from before I went to lunch (I seriously wanted to document how messy it was).  So needless to say I went and found the BM and told her what had happened (and natch, she told me to find out who did it and make them cry . . . she's such a lovely fat woman).  I also explained to her that I was planning to stock the stuff around the desk but I'd wanted to do the purge first since it was the day's assignment and she just looked at me like I was nuts.  And as she was leaving I made some offhand comment about how random all the stuff on the carts was, and she kinda rolled her eyes and was all, well, Lifestyles isn't my department anymore so I really don't know about that mess.  I was like IF IT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING DEPARTMENT ANYMORE LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE AND LET ME WORK IN IT, YOU FAT COW.  And of course I can't complain to anyone about her because as I've seen her and the store manager are best bitches so yeah.  Screwed there.

Then tonight I had a video shift.  The manager had left a note to alpha rental TV and rental special interest, which is whatever.  But next to the note was a second note that said "in alpha, do 2 letters and" and it was scratched out.  Then beneath it was a note that said "ask [store manager] about alpha."  I was like what the fuck?  What did I do the last time I alpha'd that was so freaking bad?  Needless to say I did not ask anyone about how to alpha (he was out sick . . . but if he'd been there I still wouldn't have asked).

Then after I clocked out I printed next week's schedule and I am getting a whopping 12 and a quarter hours, which I know is because I'm being punished for changing my availability because I don't have a car.

Add all that to the fact that between tonight and tomorrow night I'm spending $40 in cab fare to get home because I'm scheduled outside of my availability and I am NOT a happy camper.

Seriously, this store is a flipping joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment