7.01.2012

Moving Day

Well, I'm officially in Flagstaff.  My important shit is all in Jerbs' apartment and the less important stuff (ie most of it) is still in Kingman.

Basically the day went like this: kept resetting the alarm because I was tired, Dad calls to say his truck is having issues so we can't use it for the trip, have to buy more boxes and packing tape because I underestimated how much crap I have, load up the car with what we can fit/what I'll need right away, say goodbye to my family, and hit the road.  Once we got to Flagstaff we unloaded, I inflated my super awesome air bed, Corey hung out for a while, we had dinner, got some groceries, and he left for Kingman.  And now . . . here I am.

Honestly the day wasn't as awful as I thought it would be.  I was vaguely anxious and depressed for most of it and I did have a couple moments of rage but I did a lot better than I thought I would.  I didn't cry when he left, I just teared up a little.  I'll admit there was a moment of just solid horrible anxiety as I watched him drive away, because I just had this feeling of oh my gosh, this is really it.

But I know from personal experience that it could've been a lot, lot, lot worse.

It's all just still very strange to me--like I still don't really believe this is happening and I still feel a little bit numb about it.  It all just seems so sudden, I guess.  But I really am here, and I really will wake up in the morning 150 miles away from Corey.  It's bizarre, but I feel almost calm.

I still hope and think things will work out.  I miss Corey already and I'm sure he's missing me.  But for now this whole arrangement just might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment