7.16.2012

Two Weeks

So it's now been two weeks since I've been in Flagstaff.

To be completely honest, I'm amazed at how well I'm doing.  I really did think I'd get up here and it would be break down after break down after break down . . . I thought it would be a total regression back to where I was before I'd even started treatment and all that.  But here I am, doing mostly fine.

I'm still sad.  My heart is still broken over what happened with Ex-Fiance and me.  I've had a few anxiety attacks over it since I've been here, and there have been a few nights that I've cried myself to sleep.  But for the most part I've been good.

I still miss Ex-Fiance.  He's on my mind every day and I still hope that we end up together, I really do.  But at the same time, I'm starting to feel glad to have this time for myself.  I've been mood charting and taking my medicine and thinking a lot about my life.  Some of it's scary but . . . it's nice at the same time.  Ultimately I think this is doing us both some good, and I am trying just to be patient.  To give us as long as we need.

Some things suck about being here.  I hate taking the bus with a passion!  I don't mind the actual walking or bus taking part, it's the amount of time it takes.  For example, tomorrow I have to go to the store for a few things and I know I'm not going to get anything else done.  Suuuuuuuuuucks.  

Also shitty is that Hastings STILL hasn't called me about my transfer.  I have to call them tomorrow and hopefully I still have a job.  This is starting to worry me.  But in the meantime I've applied for a few full time jobs at other places and hopefully I'll get one of them.  Because really, even if I'm still employed at Hastings, I need to look for something else anyway, because I NEED full time.  Or at least closer to full time than 15 hours a week.

But there are good things.  I woke up to a raging thunderstorm this morning and that was pretty excellent.  (The only thing that would have made it better was a cuddle buddy!)  The summer weather here is awesome.  And I feel like I can write here, so I've been working on that.  I think I've said it before, that even though I don't want to be in Flagstaff forever, I want to be somewhere similar.  And more than anything I want to be happy with Ex-Fiance in a place like this.  But that's probably for another post.

One big thing that's happened to me since I've been here is that I have . . . I don't know quite how to say it.  But basically I have found my faith.  I have found God.  I'll probably elaborate on it at some point in the future but for now I'll just say that I definitely am putting my faith in a higher power.  And it feels amazing.

Anyway.  I still need to work on my physical and mental health goals more.  Physical health, I need to get back into working out somehow, and I need to eat better (there were just so many restaurants I missed!)  Mental health I've been doing well with, I just need to get my labs done.  That's going to be a bit of a challenge.  Actually it'll probably be pretty easy I just HATE making phone calls and getting that set up will require several so.  Yeah.  And I need to find a counselor but that has to wait until I figure out my employment situation.

I did get to see Ex-Fiance today, when he was on his way back to Kingman from Chinle.  It was nice but it was also . . . I don't know.  Weird, I guess.  I'll elaborate on that more later.

For now, good night!  I think it's going to rain through the night which means good sleep for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment