7.09.2012

I Hate Running

So tonight I figured that since I just can't seem to get my butt to the gym, I'd just go for a jog around the cul-de-sac.  My thinking was, I've been working out fairly consistently since March, so I've probably built up at least a little bit of stamina and an ability to be physically active without dying.

But holy crap.  I hate running.  That's why I joined a gym in the first place, because I work out way better on equipment than just running.

I made it to the end of the street and back.  I ran, then walked, then ran, then walked, then ran.  And I was way out of breath when I got back to the apartment, and I felt like a lame ass.  An out of shape lame ass.

But really, I'm not too bummed.  I've never been a runner, plain and simple.  And if I'd done that 6 months ago I'd have died, I think, so . . . I have improved some.  Plus (and I think this is important) I've been working out at around 3300 feet elevation (in Kingman) and tonight I went running at about 7300 feet.  So I'm certain that had something to do with it.  I also didn't stretch before I went . . . I'll have to next time because I know I should.

I feel a little more motivated to go to the gym tomorrow though!

In other aggravating news, I still haven't heard from the Flag Hastings so I still haven't started working.  That's just frustrating.  I'm going to call them tomorrow.  And hopefully I'll hear from one of the other jobs I applied for before the week's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment