9.20.2012

A Good Day

So today . . . was pretty cool.

I had an interview at ten this morning, for a part time position at an apartment complex as a leasing assistant. Even though it's part time, I'm hoping I get it, because it's a set schedule that guarantees 20 hours a week.  And I feel like that would be better then the Hastings randomness.  Plus with a set schedule I'd be able to stay at Hastings and just work like one night a week . . . if I wanted to.  The interview seemed to go well so we'll see.  Here I am with one of the Mountain Line temp stop signs after my interview . . . I don't know, something about this sign just made me want to take a picture with it.  (Note: because of stop closures and having to get off at the temp stop, we had to walk about a mile to my interview.  Lame).  (Also note: aren't my giant sunglasses amazing?).




After the interview Jerbs and I went and picked up the rental car for my trip to Kingman this weekend.  We ended up being forced to upgrade to a full size, but then the lady changed the insurance we were buying, and it brought the total down quite a bit.  So that was yay!!  It was so awesome to have a car!  We went and had lunch, we went shopping, I drove to work and home . . . so. awesome.  I don't want to give it back . . .

Part of our shopping included this little shop downtown called PJ Chilcottage.  There's a wallet there that i've been drooling over since I got to Flag, but it was $25 and I haven't really been able to justify spending that much money on a wallet.  But today, it was on clearance for $10, and it was the last one in the color I wanted, and it is now in my purse.  I was thrilled.

As we were leaving the downtown area we drove by the snow cone place and it was open, so we each got a snow cone as a farewell to summer.  Jerbs got pink lemonade and I got coconut . . . and that size is the "small."  The first time we got snow cones there we got mediums and they were about twice that size.





Then we had lunch at Wildflower, did some more shopping, and then I went to work.  (And oh, the joy of driving myself there and home, and getting to stop at a drive thru for a soda on the way home).

Now I'm home and I am flipping exhausted.  I'm leaving for Kingman tomorrow afternoon (my goal is to leave at noon which means I'll probably leave at two because I suck at leaving on time).

I'm so looking forward to bed tonight.  I think I might actually get a good night's sleep.

So until Sunday, blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment