9.13.2012

This Time Of Year

Is my favorite.  I love the fall and winter and holiday season.  I love the weather getting colder and having to snuggle under 3 blankets to sleep, I love walking around in fuzzy socks at night, I love Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Seriously, this is the best time of year as far as I'm concerned and generally speaking, I'm usually in a good mood from the start of September until my birthday in February.

(My holiday schedule used to be the start of fall, then Halloween, then Austin's birthday, then Thanksgiving, then Jenny's birthday/Christmas Eve, then Christmas, then New Year, then my birthday, then Jill's birthday.  Then once Ex-Fiance and I started dating, it became the start of fall, my and Ex-Fiance's anniversary, Halloween, Austin's birthday, Thanksgiving, Jenny's birthday/Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year, Ex-Fiance's birthday, my birthday, Jillian's birthday/Ex-Fiance's and my engagement anniversary, and Valentine's Day).

Right now, it's definitely fall.  It's getting darker earlier, and there's a chill in the air--especially at night and in the morning.  The leaves are changing and it's just so beautiful up here.  It makes me think of bell choir, and leaving the music building at 6:30 when it was already dark out, and picking up food and heading home to relax and do homework.  (Life was so different then, and something about it felt wonderful).

That was five years ago.

And now it makes me think of Ex-Fiance, of when we were first dating two years ago.  Of him bringing me home early in the morning after dates, of picking him up from student teaching, of going for walks at the pond and carving pumpkins together.

And it makes me think of Ex-Fiance a year ago, going to orchestra together and coming home to each other and sleeping next to him every night and cuddling and watching TV together.

I miss it so much.  I miss him more and more instead of less and less; instead of getting over it I want it back more and more.

Sometimes I still feel like I don't understand how I'm here instead of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment