9.06.2012

Random Stuff

1) Hastings got a surprise corporate visit today, and the upper management guys were like OMG your store is a huge mess and way behind in stuff!  So now we basically have unlimited hours to get shit done, so I'm going in early tomorrow (though why I agreed to help out when they're effing me over next week is beyond me . . . but whatev).  But it's payday and I'm going to buy my new sunglasses and I'm excited about that.

2) Ironically, now that I've been in Flag a few months and am still getting screwed by my job and job hunting, I actually got a call from the Mohave County Sheriff's office about a job I applied for just after the breakup.  It's a dispatcher job and they're doing the prelim testing for it tomorrow and Friday so if I can make it . . . yeah.  It's really not even something I'd consider at this point but still, it's a bit annoying.  Although between that and the five hour work week thing I wonder if it might be a sign to head back?  But no, I don't really think that.

3) Tonight on the bus ride after work the bus driver played "Still The One" by Orleans.  Totally a song that makes me think of Ex-Fiance and even though it made me sad, I didn't cry.  (One night when we'd been dating a few months, that song came on Ex-Fiance's iPod while we were driving.  He asked me if I knew it, which I did, and then he promised that he'd sing it to me someday when we'd been married for decades.  And he sang it to me that night and all the other times it came on his iPod too).

4) Last night I had a break down.  I've been kinda spotty with taking my medicine, which I'm not proud of.  I don't know why I get so forgetful about that.  So I'm going to try to get back on it and do as well as I was doing.  However, I also recovered last night and was OK after about a half hour-ish, so that's definitely a good sign.

5) During said break down I took a walk and ended up deciding to go check out the work out room at the other apartment complex.  I didn't have the key with me (and I think it was closed anyway) but the lights were still on and I looked in the windows, and I think they have a few ellipticals!  So that's exciting

6) Last night I was trying to help Jenny stretch her back, and I decided to see if I could still do a bridge.  I could, which made me happy, but holy hell I was sore today.  Like my whole body just ached . . . so no more random gymnastics moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment