9.03.2012

A New Month

It's September!

I like September.  Mostly because it means that summer's basically done and the weather's going to start cooling down.  I absolutely hate summers in AZ, because I can't stand the high heat.  It just makes everything worse in my opinion.  (Not that there aren't some summer specific activities I enjoy, but . . . well, I still hate the heat, and I didn't get to do any of the summer stuff I like this year because . . . oh yeah, I was dealing with having my heart stomped on instead . . . I like summer even less now).

But like I was saying.  It's September now and it's a new month, so I thought, why not set some goals for myself?

This month, the big thing I want to focus on is food and fitness.  Namely, I really, REALLY need to stop eating fast food and drinking so much soda.  I eat a ridiculous amount of fast food and I drink a ridiculous amount of Dr. Pepper, and I need to get it under control.  Like, it's almost embarrassing how much of those things I consume.  So while I don't think I'll be able to completely cut either soda or fast food out of my diet this month, I at least want to significantly cut back on them.  Even that small start will be big for me.

I also need to get back to working out.  I don't know exactly what to do where that's concerned.  I have access to Anytime Fitness until the 28th (I canceled my membership at the end of July, but per their contract, they take one more payment), but AF is a pain in the ass to get to on the bus and they don't have any of the equipment I like to use.  There's a workout room down the street at an apartment complex that's a "sister" complex to where I live, but as far as I know it doesn't have equipment I like either.  Then again, last I heard it was being renovated/updated, so who knows?  I just need to get up the energy to walk down there one night.  I could also just keep trying with the jogging but . . . blech.

I am also determined to start therapy this month.  I've mentioned before that I found the counselor I want to use and I need to call her office and find out about pricing and see what I can do.

The good news is that Hastings is actually giving me some decent hours all of a sudden (I got 15 the week before last, 19 this past week, and I'll work 24.5 this week) so my paychecks should get a bit bigger.  I'm still looking for a full time job but I'm not going to be as broke as I have been, so that's nice.  (Although when I work today I'll get my schedule for next week, and just watch, now that I've talked about how it's getting better I'll have like 6 hours next week or something).

No comments:

Post a Comment