9.16.2012

Sentimental Sunday: Austin

The other day I was thinking of all these stories I wanted to post in my blog, and I decided to just post them on Sundays.  And call it Sentimental Sunday so . . . here goes!
--------------------

The day my little nephew was born was definitely one of the most exciting days of my life.  I admit that I wasn't thrilled when my sister found out she was pregnant but eventually, I got really excited to be an aunt.

Her due date was Halloween day, 2008, but by November 4th there was still no baby.  November 4th was election day and I was at work (for a 12 hour shift, 8--8).  I was watching election results on my computer and I was absolutely stoked that Obama was winning.  And then my mom called, and told me that my sister was at the beginning of labor, and they were heading to the hospital.

My mom called a few more times that night, letting me know how things were going, and it was progressing slowly.  By the next morning (11-5-08) there was still no baby.  I was working again from 8--2 and by 10, what I knew was that things were starting to move faster.

I was at my desk and I happened to glance at my computer and notice that it was 11:11.  So I made a wish: I wished that my nephew would be born.

At 11:40, the phone rang and it was my mom, calling to tell me that my nephew had been born!  He was born at . . .

11:11 AM.

Yep.  I wished for him and he came!!  Hearing that was one of the coolest moments of my life, and I remember thinking then, this little boy and I are going to have a special connection to each other.

And now he's almost 4 years old, and he's this walking talking thinking swimming little man who loves airplanes, helicopters, tools, books, Legos, Toy Story, Buzz Lightyear, and drums.  He's a fantastic little boy who calls me Auntica and I love him more than anything.  I miss him tons, and I am grateful to have him in my life.

Here he is through the years.  Isn't he precious?


No comments:

Post a Comment