11.24.2012

Lately

I finally admitted defeat in the air bed battle.  I deflated the bed and now I'm just sleeping on the floor on top of it.  It's actually not too bad.  I sleep for longer chunks of time because I don't wake up every 20 minutes needing to re-inflate the stupid thing, and it's kind of a relief to know I'm not bugging the neighbors with the sound of the inflating or anything.  Most mornings I wake up when Jerbs leaves and I go in her bed for a few hours, which is always nice.  At this point I'm just keeping my eyes out for a good deal on a mattress/box spring set.
--------------------
I've been having phone issues for about a week now.  Like, my phone won't let me make calls (when I try it tells me calls aren't allowed from this line), it won't accept calls (when people call me they hear that this person is not currently accepting calls), and I can't send or receive texts.  I have no clue what's going on but based on googling it could be my SIM card.  This is especially annoying because in the past two weeks I've filled out a ton of job applications and if anyone tries to call the number I gave, they won't be able to reach me.  Blech.  Still not really sure what I'm going to do about this one.  Probably just get a prepaid no contract phone to replace it.
--------------------
Adam, Jenny's best friend from college, was out visiting from Florida on Friday.  He and Jenny spent the day together and then he spent the night in our living room.  Well, I took Benji in the bedroom with me so that he wouldn't bother Adam, and he cuddled up and slept next to me on the floor.  It was so sweet, and it made me think of how he used to sleep with me every single night.  I love that little dog.
---------------------
I've been biting my nails again lately.  I have no idea why, because I was doing so well not biting them.  Weird.  And a little disappointing.
---------------------
I have fallen in love with this long haired cat who's up for adoption at PetSmart.  He's beautiful and if Jerbs weren't allergic he'd already be here with me, and his name would be Duke Orsino.
---------------------
Remember how I talked about missing the deadline for that short short story contest?  I was really bummed about that but then I got an email from Writers Digest saying they extended the deadline til December 17th!  That doesn't give me much time BUT I think I can come up with at least one entry for it--especially since that weird depressive funk is gone.
----------------------
Really, really hoping I start getting calls from jobs soon.  I'm sick of being unemployed already and I'm ready to go back to work and make money.  I'm already making plans for saving and whatnot and I'm excited to get started on those.  All I want is to be able to support myself, really, so hopefully something comes through soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment