11.22.2012

Thanksgiving With Jerbs

Today I spent Thanksgiving with Jerbs.

It was a beautiful, beautiful day out--sunny and warmish, with a few white clouds in the sky.  Really just perfect weather.

We cooked beef stew in our slow cooker for our Thanksgiving dinner, since neither of us really wanted to invest in a turkey and it was just the two of us anyway.  We took a walk through the woods, to the gas station for snacks and drinks, since it was open.  We watched the rerun of the Macy's parade.  We ate our stew and Jerbs made pumpkin bars for dessert.

All in all not a bad day.

I never, ever would have thought I'd spend another Thanksgiving with Jerbs.  Last Thanksgiving, I wouldn't have pictured this as where I'd be a year later.

I thought I'd be a mess today.  I really did.  I was sure I wouldn't do well, thinking of . . . well, you know.  And yeah, I've had a few bad moments where my mind has wandered to Corey and wondered what he's doing and if he's thinking of me, but I've actually done SO MUCH BETTER than I thought I'd do.

I'm amazed.  Because really, I've just been . . . happy today.

I really.am.getting.better.  I am so thankful for that.  I'll probably write more about it later.

For now, I'm going to go play video games with Jerbs.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment