11.08.2012

Ouch!

Fun story.

This morning, at like 10:30, I woke up and saw that the bedroom door was open.  So I got up to close it and then go to the bathroom.

Well, my right foot/ankle were asleep, but it didn't feel like they were too asleep, and I figured I'd just walk it  off.  I stumbled on my first step, and then on my second step, when I put my weight on that foot, I collapsed.  My foot was too asleep to support any weight, and I felt my ankle snap underneath me.  Not snap as in broken, that's just the best way to describe the motion it made as this was happening.

So I fell on the floor and actually cried because of the pain.  I was able to stand up and sort of mostly hop on one foot to do what I needed to do.  It was not pleasant.  Plus right after the fall I felt like I was going to throw up really strongly.  It was weird.

So I went back to bed and when I woke up, my ankle was bruised and swollen.  The swelling is only in one little spot around the bruise.  It still hurts like a bitch and I'm still limping.

Nice way to wake up, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment